Cultured Avocado Coffee Dessert
Inspired by Es Alpokat, this dessert is nutrient-densed, full with important, healthy fats and probiotics. It is low in sugar and indeed guilt-free.
There are two polarizing sides regarding how we process the avocados. One side love a smooth texture, the other chunkier texture. I love the chunkier one just because that was how my mom made it for me when I was young. You’d be the judge which one is better.
Here it goes, it makes 3-4 servings.
- 2 ripe avocados, organic preferred
- 1 tablespoon of good instant espresso or a shot of espresso
- 1 tablespoon of raw cocoa powder
- 3-4 tablespoon honey, coconut sugar or date sugar
- 1- 1 1/2 cup of yogurt or kefir (dairy or coconut if vegan)
Blend avocados in a blender or mash them with fork (my preferred method), then add the rest of ingredients. Add more yogurt or kefir if desired or too thick.
Divide into cups, top with yogurt or kefir with shaved chocolate, cocoa powder, or fruits such as blueberries, blackberries or strawberries